Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On gardening




Our garden in Colorado this year consisted of a few lettuces, peas and some spinach thrown hellter-skelter in the garden bed in March while I held a baby in the other arm.  They grew well and were quite delicious even if not organized.  But after early June there wasn't much left as everything went to seed.  It was a hot summer in Colorado.  June saw temps in the low 100's.  Well if you know me, you know I love to have fresh veggies at hand.  When we arrived here five weeks ago the back yard was full of beautiful growing garden beds.  My in-laws enjoy a good garden as much as I do.  Things have started to end for the season though.  So we dug up a bed and added some more good soil and planted another crop.  Hooray for California and the LOOOOOOONG growing season.  I think I'm going to enjoy this gardening all year thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment