Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Books




This family places a lot of value in books.  The wealth of knowledge they can offer has always seemed like such a treasure to me.  Our children seem to have adopted the same philosophy.  Eoghan has seemed to understand from the very start that books are well, neat!  He and I spent the first two weeks of his life in bed, per our midwife's recommendation.  Next to our bed was a built in bookshelf filled with books.  Eoghan would stare at it for ages.  I'm sure he didn't do it because he knew they were books (though I told him) but because of the beautiful colors and sizes of all the spines lined up in rows along the shelves.

We go to the library once a week and I spend a lot of time reading to the girls.  Eoghan was starting to feel left out and his fingers just can't manages the paper pages yet.  Thus we started getting him his own books at the library.  He loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment