Monday, April 25, 2011

Knee high by the fourth of July

Our garden is currently on a table in the living room.  I miss the extra space the table is taking up but I am enjoying watching the rapid growth of green.  I am amazed at how quickly the seeds have sprouted and grown.  At this rate knee high by the fourth of July for corn is going to be knee high by mothers day. Which is when we'll plant the starts outside.   I gather gardening in CO is going to be a bit different then growing in NY or WA or MI.  The girls helped me plant all the seeds and have delighted in watching them grow.  There was a broccoli seed incident though.  I had a package that was years old.  I don't even know where it came from.  I think maybe it was a promotional thing in the mail.  I gave the packet to Nonie who planted the entire thing.  I didn't think much would come up because the packet was so old but I was wrong.  I think we now have somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty broccoli plants.  Anyone need some broccoli?

No comments:

Post a Comment