Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow sorbet

The neighborhood we live in is full of fantastic neighbors.  Living near these folks makes me actually reconsider my dream of a bit of land some day.  Sure we all live squished up next to each other like sardines in a can but we all get along and we are surrounded by green space and trails aplenty.  Truthfully I would like a place with some space some day but this is just great for right now.  I was talking to one of the older gals in our neighborhood while we were out playing in the snow.  She is a wealth of great ideas and I've gotten more than a few from her.  She told us she used to make snow ice cream with her kiddos when they were young.  We just had to give it a try.  We scooped up some clean snow (Yes i know it's probably not really clean but please don't tell me about it.  I just don't want to know) and stirred it up with apricot juice.  That was it: instant sorbet! The kids were in heaven.  Thanks Carol!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how you feel. For half of every year I am a country girl trapped in a town, but I love the neighborhood and the feeling of a supportive network.

    Every other Monday night we all gather for a neighborhood potluck, which I love. Multi-generational and ethnicities, lots of good discussions, different foods, and friendship.

    Enjoy it while you can and maybe you will decide to stay in your area.

    All joy to you and have fun making snow ice cream,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete