Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seeds ordered!

I placed my Fedco seed order this week.  This summer's garden will hold all kinds of new experiments for me.  I will be working in a space that is roughly 15'x25'.  Most of it is deck and gravel.  I am trying to be thrifty and crafty in creating my planters.  Old freestanding, iron bathtub anyone...  I'm also doing a lot of research on growing in small places.  I'm planning on trellising my melons, cucumbers, squash, beans and peas, as well as some flowers.  I am going to attempt a version of the sunflower house in the book 'Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots' on our upper deck.  Hoping I can get some local restaurants to give me their used five gallon buckets to plant in.  Now as the snow falls thick I get to sketch and dream and wait for my box of gold to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment