Monday, August 13, 2012

Saying goodbye




Ain't it true: Saying goodbye is hard to do?!  I consider myself so very blessed with beautiful friends and neighbors.  It is a gross understatement to say we couldn't have done this move without our Colorado 'tribe'.  We had folks to feed us and help us pack, carry, load, clean and kid wrangle.  I have never lived in a place where community was so instant and so solid.  We made so many friendships in Colorado that I do believe we will carry with us for the rest of our lives.  To say I am blessed to have them is an understatement.  How very grateful I am to all of you Colorado folks!  

Thanks to Matt for the last photo.  We have a tradition that started a few houses back.  Once we're out of the house and the keys are turned over we have a last shot on the front porch.  In Washington it was Phil, myself and Lillian.  In New York we added Nonie and now in Colorado there were five of us.  Someday I hope to have our forever spot but for now our homes are marked by porch shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment