Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quick garden make over


The garden by our front walk has been an unsightly eyesore since we moved in.  Twenty years ago someone laid down a layer of rocks and planted ivy.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't been touched since.  If the ivy ever climbed the wall it had long since fallen down.  It was a mass of dirty, leafy, ugly, brownness.  I've slowly been ripping it all out, one trash barrel at a time.  Yesterday I came across a pile of free iris plants.  This was exactly what I'd been waiting for.  It took the girls and I about three hours to pull out the rest of the ivy and all the rocks.  I laid down one bag of dirt and planted my new plants.  I do love a good inexpensive project.  All it cost me was three hours of my time and a bag of dirt.

They should perk up in a day or two with some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment