Saturday, July 31, 2010

We also stopped at Crater Lake





Crater Lake is one of the most breath taking places I have ever been. Phil and I actually startled the girls with our gasps of awe when we saw the lake for the first time. Phil took the plunge into the ice cold lake. I might have joined him if I had had my swim suit. He of corse is too cool for a bathing suit. Underwear was just fine for him. We took the girls down the steep hike to the lake. There is only one access point because the walls of the crater are so steep. All in all the hike was almost three miles. We ended up carrying Nonie a good deal of the way but Lil is turning into quite the hiker. Dipping our feet (or bodies as it were) in the cold lake at the bottom took the edge of the heat of hiking down. We also stopped at the lodge on the rim of the crater. Nice views there but my favorite point was the no climbing on the roof sign. Guess it snows a lot there.

No comments:

Post a Comment