Saturday, July 24, 2010

Camping on the Olympic Peninsula

We spent a few days camping at Mora, a campground on the Washington coast. Mora is a stone's throw from Rialto beach which is at the mouth of a river running into the Pacific ocean. It has beautiful sea stacks and GIANT old driftwood logs.


This giant old tree - roots and all - had washed down the river and back up to shore at some point. It made a great place to climb and play.
Sully's Burgers in Forks WA is where I got a lovely case of food poisoning. I don't recommend food poisoning while camping.
Ah the 'Twilight' phenomenon in Forks WA. ( I would just like it to be known that I have not seen the movies or read the books). The first time I drove by this sign and saw girls posing with it I thought they were odd for posing by a fire danger sign. Then I actually read the sign and took a photo myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment