Monday, December 3, 2012

Figuring the eight scarf


Oh boy, oh boy! I got a quick hour to myself yesterday.  The girls were stringing christmas lights with their grandmother and the baby was sleeping.  I decided to use the two gorgeous Japaneese print fabrics I got in Colorado to make Anna Maria Horner's Figuring the 8 scarf.  Incidentally the fabrics were both nani IRO double gauze fabrics, one eggplant the other melody sketch both heavenly to the touch.  Buying these was a bit of a splurge for me.  My justification being that I am always making things for other folks and never for myself.  It was worth it though, I have yet to take the scarf off.  (Okay, thats not entirely true I didn't sleep in it.) I keep rubbing it on my face, I just can't help it.  I did find the length to be a bit much though.  I think I'd make it about 10 inches shorter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment