Saturday, August 29, 2009

Repurposed sweater part one


A little time for this.... A little time for that... and everything else in between. My but we've been busy. I haven't had time to sit down at the computer to post in several days. So I'll play a little catch up.
So I was flipping through a children's clothing catalogue the other day and came across a wonderful knit dress. Never one to spend $50 on a dress for a four year old, I've decided to do it myself. Did I mention I am kind of a cheapskate? I also don't want to spend $30 on the yarn it would take to make it. So I'm trying something new. We went to the Salvation Army and bought a woman's sweater for about $5. I'm going to try to recycle the yarn into a dress. This is a shot of us unraveling the sweater. I couldn't help but hear the Weezer sweater song in my head the whole while. I'm going to try and write the dress pattern myself too. I'll let you know how that goes.
And when we just can't stand to be in the house any longer, we take a trip to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment